Monday, March 18, 2013

iLove the Trumans!

Last Monday, I had the Truman Voting Party.  Well, actually part-IES!   My first year here I had 41 kids qualify, last year I had 53, and this year, I had to split the party into two different hours because there were 67 kids who read at least four nominees!  WOW!  It's exciting to see so many kids reading at a time in their lives when friends, activities, sports, etc. can supersede books.  Makes this librarian's heart HAPPY!

Our bulletin board--Students added an "app" each time they read a Truman!
 
We enjoyed ice cream sundaes, pop and prizes, and of course, voted!  At our middle school, Virals won with a total of 15 votes, The Lost Hero had 11, and Paranormalcy had 8.  The final winners will be announced at the MASL Spring Conference in April so stay tuned to see if the rest of MO agreed with us!  Thanks to all who participated in the Truman Challenge and keep up the GREAT reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment